Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Like Father Like Son: Our First Glimpse at Charlie

The past few days have been literally jam packed with really fun happenings.  Ok, my nesting projects turned out to not be that fun, but everything else was.  More on that and our first look at Charlie later in this post.

First, two of my really good girlfriends planned a shower with friends from work last Saturday at Emily's house.  It was SO fun!  Stacy, Emily and Mallory (I would be remiss if I didn't include Mallory, Emily's 5 year old daughter) planned a great afternoon !  Emily's mom, Ja, was also a major contributor in making the shower a huge success!  They included some of my favorite prego cravings including mini PB&J sandwiches and doubled down on desserts serving both cookies and giant pieces of cake.  I was in heaven and Charlie was totally spoiled!  We are so blessed to have such great friends!  See below for a couple of pictures:

Stacy, Meighan, Mallory and Emily:


Team RESA was well represented (but we really missed JP)!  


Shawna Lewis made AMAZING sugar cookies!


By Saturday night, I was totally wiped out from the events of the day...and hungry.  Which was nothing short of remarkable given the amount of food I consumed at the shower!  I was craving Kraft Mac & Cheese (shapes and spirals to be exact) and Cy happily obliged after a trip to the grocery store for some staples (the mac and cheese and milk):


Yes, there are four boxes...yes, he made them all... and yes, there were (some) leftovers. 

On Sunday I decided to tackle a project that's been in the works in Charlie's nursery for some time now...a painted chalkboard.  It took forever (think days) and involved significant help from Cy and a laser level, but it is finally done!  The black part is actually chalkboard paint that you can write on!


It's blank.  I know.  But given the amount of time it took to paint the thing, I'm a little gun shy about actually writing on it! 

Monday was a HUGE day.  We went for a 3D/4D ultrasound to see how Charlie is doing and it was AMAZING.  Within the first minute, the ultrasound tech began saying things like, "hmmm...looks like a pretty big kid!" and "whoa, that's a long foot!".  Yep, you guess it.  Charlie is BIG.  His fetal measurements came in nearly two weeks ahead of schedule.  Don't worry, I know this doesn't mean he is coming two weeks earlier.  It means he is going to be BIG.  She estimated his weight as well, and while they can be pretty off on that, the system thought he was nearly 4 pounds.  Our baby books say he should be just over 3 pounds!  Cy was SO HAPPY.  Happy enough that on the way out he said, "good job growing him nice and big!"  And he means it.  Me?  I'm a little nervous...

Here are some of our favorites from the ultrasound:






How cute is he?!?  Ever since we found out Charlie was a boy, I've been hope, hope, hoping that he looks EXACTLY like his Dad.  Looks like he is right on track! 

Here is Charlie's mad face:


Here is Cy's mad face:

The same lips and nose for sure!  I can't wait to meet him!  And if he does look just like his Dad, we are going to have one VERY cute little boy...


Until next week!

Meighan and Charlie

3 comments:

LouAnn said...

Oh boy you two are so into this. AWESOME. Course back 45 years ago we were totally in the dark, so to speak. Our first baby (boy) was 10 lb 2oz and 23 1/2" long. Guess your baby has a big daddy, just like our kids did/do. So a strong, healthy, good sized baby boy surely will prove to be a strong, healthy happy little boy. So glad you're keeping us up to date and the pics are AWESOME..
see ya next posting!
Aunt LouAnn n Uncle Herb

Big and Nana said...

Charlie is so beautiful. Big and I just looked at him together. Big just had this big grin on his face and I of course cried. I am really going to get tougher. ha Tell Charlie that his Big and Nana love him and can't wait to smooch on him. Glad you are doing so well too our sweet Meighan. love you

Robert said...

I am speachless........I LOVE your blogs Meighs.......Love you both & see you this Sunday!