Sunday, April 10, 2011

Charlie = Frequent Flier and a Baby Shower!

Hey Family and Friends!


We've got lots of updates to share with everyone, as the past two weeks have been really busy...and really fun.
First: Vill (Cy's little brother), is officially a Ranger! Last Thursday - Sunday, we spent the weekend in Columbus, GA to celebrate Vill's graduation from Ranger school. It is a HUGE accomplishment to complete the Ranger program and an even bigger one to complete the program on your first try, without being "recycled" through a phase. Of course, since it's Vill, he finished the whole program on his first attempt!

The graduation ceremony was VERY cool, complete with a Ranger training demonstration and most importantly, Vill receiving his Ranger tab.
Below are a couple of my favorite parts of the demo. See the four little specs below the Blackhawk? Those are people...DANGLING. And the second picture is the end of a water confidence exercise. Vill's phrase for this stuff is "high speed". Um, yes...high speed. Whoa.






Cy had the honor of pinning Vill's tab:






Villard started some early recruiting with Charlie. Yes, that's a Ranger tab velcroed to my belly.



Vill, we are SO proud of you!



We've also been really busy with Charlie preparations and last night, we had our first baby shower!

Tricia, Lori and Jenna hosted a GORGEOUS shower at Tricia and Shawn's house. It was such a great time and we were honestly humbled at the generosity of our friends! I am probably gushing, but honestly, so many traveled long distances to come! Others worked out all types of other logistics to be there and Cy and I couldn't have felt more blessed by them all! We have the BEST friends!! To top it off, Charlie was totally spoiled. Here are a few pictures from the night...I wish I could post them all, but a) there are too many and b) Cy takes an exorbitant number of pictures...especially covert candids... especially when Shawn gives him beer.

Tricia, Lori and Jenna with Cy and I:




Cy and I:



Charlie got his first pieces of Iowa Hawkeye clothing!




As I said, he (we) were totally spoiled and got tons of great gear for Charlie. Thank you so much to everyone! We are completely overwhelmed and consider ourselves really lucky! Now if only we knew what to do with this stuff... :)
Until next week!
Meighan and Charlie

2 comments:

Jenny said...

Thank you so much for inviting David and me to the baby shower. I still didn't know if we would be coming or not up until the LAST minute. We so wanted to come! Meighan you are absolutely, bloomingly beautiful and that proud, happy husband Cy make a gorgeous pic.
Cy, I am so proud of your brother, too! What a fine accomplishment. He has that great "Phillips" smile, too!

Wenni Donna said...

This baby shower looks outstanding. I loved taking a look at the photos. I also received a fall inspired surprise baby shower from my cousin at one of the prettiest event locations in LA. I didn't know that she has such creative skills and everything in my bash looked really great. All thanks to her!