Monday, March 14, 2011

The Latest: A baptism and prego perks!

Hey Family and Friends!

A few weeks ago, I was pulling into Hy-Vee on a super busy Sunday afternoon.  It was freezing cold, snowing and I was determined to get in and out at the store.  The parking lot was packed...and then I saw it.  The golden ticket...parking for new and expectant mothers!  The fine people at Hy-Vee have included not one, but two spots for us.  I felt a little guilty because I'm not a total whale yet (but making progress) and would hate for a prego that is further along to lose out.  But if I kept acting like that, I'd only park in the prego spot for a couple of weeks!  I took the opportunity to park there that day and managed to snag the spot for a second time yesterday.  I was so excited about it that I took a picture and sent it to Cy...


Ok, on to much more spectacular items.  Our really good friends Curtis and Amber asked us to be the godparents of their sweet baby girl, Adalynn.  Curtis and I have been friends for literally our entire lives.  When I was 9 months old, I started at in-home daycare with Curtis' mom.  The two of us have been best buddies since then (picture us on the first day of kindergarten posing in front of the school bus.  Nice bike shorts, Curtis).  We've been through a lot...I once launched a Fisher Price cash register at him.  He deserved it and we've since moved on.  Anyway, Cy and I were beyond honored and thrilled to be part of their special day!  Congrats to Curtis who was also baptized!  Below are a few pictures from the weekend's festivities.

Curtis, Amber and Adalynn:


Proud Godparents!


Cy was getting some good practice, but was a little nervous to hold such a tiny baby at first! 


Charlie and Adalynn are going to repeat the friendship that Curtis and I began so long ago!  Curtis is almost exactly 6 months older than I am and depending on when Charlie arrives, he and Adalynn will be almost exactly 6 months apart as well! 

Have a wonderful week! 

2 comments:

Aunt LouAnn n Uncle Herb said...

You have a wonderful blog here and I am enjoying 'following' you & Cy as time passes and you both get closer to being Momma & Daddy. The best to you all (three!)
Hugs.. Aunt LouAnn & Uncle Herb

Nana and Big said...

Hi Cy and Meighan, Congratulations on your GodDaughter Adalynn. I have had the Blessing of being a Godmother to Claire Ellen Difani Cox and it is truly a lifelong commitment that I hold dear and thank God for her every day. I know you both will be great examples in her life . Love you both and please tell Charlie that his Nana and Big love him and say prayers for him and his sweet Mother every day. love you. Nana